When I was in Australia, we had a café down the road which served amazing toasted banana bread with butter mmmmm... So, to share the amazement of this delicious treat with you I have prepared a recipe for the mouthwatering must-try banana bread that is extremely easy to make! Oh, and did I mention that it is reasonably healthy? This is the perfect treat to make (and eat!) on a rainy day with a cup of your favourite tea!
Ingredients (makes 8-10 slices)
250 grams of self-raising flour (or normal, and then you can add in some baking powder)
115 grams of unsalted butter
50 grams of coconut sugar (or white)
2 table spoons maple syrup
4 ripe, and mashed bananas
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. (350f)
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl.
3. Mix the softened butter, sugar, banana, eggs, and vanilla extract in a blender (or by hand if you prefer).
4. Add to the flour and stir to combine (being careful not to over mix!)
5. Pour the batter into a lightly greased and floured loaf tin and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
6. Leave to cool first on a wire rack. Serve in thick slices with butter, strawberries and almonds.
This makes the perfect breakfast or afternoon treat so go ahead and enjoy this delicious mouth-watering banana bread!
Marie xox <3
P.S. Our home-made banana bread was gone in a matter of one day!