Have you been scrolling through your Instagram feed, admiring all of these perfectly-folded clothes, flawless flowers and diomand accessories? Didn't think that it was possible to create this your self? Good news; you can with these incredibly easy steps!
1. Lighting is everything: You do not need to buy incredibly-high tech artificial lights for this. All you need is a window. Try and make your flat-lay next to a window for the best effect.
2. Use a neutral coloured background: This technique allows the colours of your pieces to pop. If you do not have a white background, just glue together a couple of pieces of paper and your all set to go!
3. Create a theme: Whether it is pastel pink or black and white, a same-colour theme will help not to over-complicate your flat- lay and it will increase the neatness of the look.
4. Proportion: Start with your centre/larger pieces in the middle and build it up with smaller items to create a full look.
5. Use a step-ladder/chair: When I took my first flat-lay, I must admit I did not do this! However, when I took on the step-ladder, the proportions looked a lot better. It creates a birds-eye view which is exactly what you need if you are going to master the unique Instagram flat-lay!
And that is it: you have officially learnt the hidden secrets to master the Instagram flat-lay. Oh, and one more thing: Make it your own. No matter how tempting it is to copy a flat-lay that you saw on your Instagram feed, always add your unique touches to it! You can do this by adding your personal favourite accessories, nail polishes, photos, bags: be creative.
I hope that you are having a wonderful Saturday!